Release Notes, 6.16.5
Within this release, Smartface moved all of their closed-sourced packages and codebase to open source counterparts with different package names.
The old repositories and registries are deprecated and will not be maintained.
Smartface Repository Migration
To keep Smartface up to date, we have moved all of our open-source repositories to a single place, avoiding the cluster within the package.json file in the scripts directory.
The packages that undergo name change under Smartface Platform
- sf-core -> @smartface/native
- sf-plugin-firebase -> @smartface/plugin-firebase
- sf-extension-utils -> @smartface/extension-utils
- sf-extension-zoomableimageview -> @smartface/extension-zoomable-imageview
- sf-extension-barcode -> @smartface/extension-barcode
- sf-extension-spriteview -> @smartface/extension-spriteview
- sf-extension-smsreceiver -> @smartface/extension-sms-receiver
- sf-extension-listviewindex -> @smartface/extension-listviewindex
- sf-component-materialtextbox -> @smartface/component-materialtextbox
- sf-component-keyboardlayout -> @smartface/component-keyboardlayout
- @smartface/sf-component-calendar -> @smartface/component-calendar
The packages that undergo name change under Smartface IDE
All barebone Smartface IDE services have been moved under monorepo structure. You can check out the repository here:
- @smartface/transpiler -> @smartface/builder
- @smartface/emulator-dispatcher -> @smartface/builder
- @smartface/libraryservice -> @smartface/builder
You can checkout the @smartface npm registry and the open source repositories via these links:
New Smartface Boilerplate
Within this changes, Smartface also developed a new workspace template to ease kickstarting to the Smartface world right away!
You can check the boilerplate under this link:
If you already have a Smartface Project which uses the old structure, you can sync the files within the boilerplate repository and change your imports. Feel free to contact support!
Changes on Release 6.16.5
🚧 Minimum required:
@smartface/native v4.3.4 🚀
Android :v6.16.5 🚀
iOS: v6.16.5 🚀
UI Editor: v6.15.1
CLI: v6.15.7 🚀
This Release focuses on stability and documentation, together with improvements.
Accessibility & Test Automation
Starting 6.16.5, there is a new file named
ids.xml for Android. This file is used for accessibility purposes. You should commit this file. More details are at:
A new playground repository to test out new features and follow the best practices can be found under GitHub:
🆕 New Feature
- Ability to encrypt/decrypt the content using Advance Encryption Standards (AES) with GCM mode.
- Crypto RSA Refactored to support multiple RSA keys and now it applies better security practices.
- Added visibleRegion property to MapView.
- Added visibleRegion property to MapView.
- Added headers property to loadFromUrl.
- Added pagingEnabled property to TabBarController.
- Added onInfoWindowPress event to MapView.
- Now headers can be passed into ImageView.loadFromURL
🐞 Bug Fix
- [Typing] Fixed a case that Auto-import of the modules referring to the wrong path
- Fixed a bug that causes iOS 14 Date & Time pickers not working correctly
- Fixed a bug that camera on Huawei devices being inverted for a brief period when the camera is switched
- Now applying max zoom level properly on iOS devices with MapView
- By default, alerts on iOS have proper order of buttons now
- Test Automation Support and Test Automation Support for Test Engineers to make test automation process easier
- Created Accessibility Features to widen your coverage for your app
- SMS Handling to handle OTP codes on your Android device
- Changing Typescript Version and
- Keep Screen Awake to handle steams better and reduce annoyance
- Tips and Tricks on Tabs and Spaces Topic
- Enrich the Listview Examples
- Adding HeaderBar to the SearchView
- Optimizing Video Quality
- Better handling for Safe Area on iOS
- Disabling the touch of the Page when needed
- Multimedia doc has a new look, also it has a guide to pick items from gallery
- Updated the doc, creating 9-patch images for Android
- All imports are updated according to the new package names
New RTL Theme Generator
When your application should support both LTR and RTL texts, you should also keep in mind about the UI changes since people who use RTL texts also approach the mobile devices in a different way.
Within this, Smartface developed a RTL theme generator from a normal theme file. Instead of converting things randomly, you can use the generator for your projects. It has capabilities like:
- Assigning a different font for RTL
- Auto mirror the images if necessary
- Convert MIDLEFT to MIDRIGHT or vice versa
- Convert Flex_Direction to the reverse direction
More information can be found on the RTL documentation:RTL And LTR Support